Call Forwarding Multipath/Multiple Simultaneous is an add on (in addition to) feature used with the following Custom Calling features:
- Call Forwarding Variable
- Remote Access to Call Forwarding
- Call Forwarding Busy Line
- Call Forwarding Don't Answer
Call Forwarding Multipath/Multiple Simultaneous is used to increase or decrease the number of forwarding paths on a line/trunk.
[AL, FL, GA, KY, MS, SC, TN ] Call Forwarding Multipath/Multiple Simultaneous is a feature that provisions either more than 10 calling paths for a recurring charge or less than 10 calling paths without a recurring charge.
Call Forwarding Multipath/Multiple Simultaneous is available in the DMS-100 and 5 ESS central offices only (including remote DMS-100 and remote 5 ESS).
The restrictions for Call Forwarding Multipath/Multiple Simultaneous include:
- Available only in DMS-100, 5 ESS Central Offices(includes DMS-100 and 5 ESS Remote Offices)
- Calls are forwarded in consecutive order as they are received
- The number of calls forwarded before a busy is encountered depends on the answering capability at the forward-to number
- Not available with Customer Control of Call Forwarding Busy Line and Customer Control of Call Forward Don't Answer
- Not available with Prestige Service
- All restrictions and/or limitations of the Call Forwarding Variable, Remote Access to Call Forwarding, Call Forwarding Busy Line and Call Forwarding Don't Answer features also apply to these features
- In a DMS-100 office, Call Forwarding Busy Line Multipath can only be provided for series completion or single line customers. If a Multi-line Hunt (HML) customer wants the feature in the DMS Central Office, he must change from HML to Series completion hunting.The hunting option of LOD must be removed and the USOC GCE must be O/I
- Not be billed a monthly charge when service is suspended (vacation service)
[AL, FL, GA, KY, SC, TN ]
Not eligible for Multi Feature Discount Plan
Forwarding paths are set as follows:
||NUMBER OF CALLS FORWARDED INTRA-OFFICE
||NUMBER OF CALLS FORWARDED INTER-OFFICE
[LA, NC ]
- 5 ESS office does not need Multipath when forwarding calls to an intraoffice number unless 5 ESS customer needs to choke the number of forwarding paths from 99
- The number of calling paths provided on lines/trunks arranged in hunting cannot exceed the number of lines in the hunting arrangement. However, the number of calling paths may be less than the number of lines in the hunt group. A single line would only be provisioned with 1 path. This would only be done if customer requests to choke calls
[AL, FL, GA, KY, MS, SC, TN ]
- A single line customer may be provided up to 10 paths with each call forwarding feature with no recurring charge. Single lines are not eligible to have more than 10 forwarding paths provisioned (see note below).
A customer with lines in hunting may be provisioned up to 10 paths with each call forwarding feature per hunting arrangement with no recurring charge. They are not eligible to subscribe to more than 10 paths unless the customer has more than 10 lines in hunting. When a customer has more than 10 lines in hunting, the number of calling paths provided may not exceed the number of lines in hunting (see note below).
The number of calling paths may be less than the number of lines/trunks in the hunting arrangement, e.g. customer has 18 lines in hunting and requests a call forwarding feature with 15 call forwarding paths. Customer pays a recurring charge for only the lines in excess of 10. In this example it would be five (5).NOTE: A 5 ESS customer does not need Multipaths provisioned when forwarding calls to an intraoffice forward-to number UNLESS the 5 ESS customer needs to choke the number of forwarding paths from 99 to 10 or less.