Remote Call Forwarding (RCF) is an exchange service which allows incoming calls to be forwarded to a telephone number in a distant location.
The RCF number has one access path which allows only one call, at a time to be forwarded. Additional access paths can be ordered to allow additional calls to be forwarded, provided the distant location is equipped to receive them.
RCF requires neither a physical telephone set nor physical input by customer to get calls forwarded.
The types of Remote Call Forwarding (RCF) include:
- BASIC RCF
- LOCAL RCF
- RCF 700 Service
- RCF 800 Service
- RCF Foreign Exchange Overflow (FX)
Basic Remote Call Forwarding
Basic Remote Call Forwarding (RCF), forwards incoming calls to a distant location in the United States and Canada. The RCF customer is billed station direct charges from the RCF number to the distant location each time a call is answered. The telephone number of the customer who dialed the RCF number will not be identified on the RCF customer's long distance bill. The long distance charges will appear with date, time, and duration of the completed call. The RCF customer is billed station direct dialed charges from the originating location (RCF) to the terminating location (CFN). The caller will pay for any long distance charges up to the originating location.
Local Remote Call Forwarding Local Remote Call Forwarding (RCF), forwards local calls from the RCF number to another location within the local calling area.
[NC, SC ]
- Interstate/Intralata/Expanded Area 7 or 10 digit dialing in North Carolina & South Carolina only (RCFVJ) forwards calls into a different state but within the same lata.
[AL, FL, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN ]
- Local RCF will bill a flat monthly rate plus applicable usage charges.
- Local RCF will bill a flat monthly rate (no message charges apply for 7 or 10 digit dialing.
[AL, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN ]
- The customer will receive a Local Usage Summary within his monthly bill detailing all local call usage by time, day, and distance.
Effective 3/1/97 Local Remote Call Forwarding (RCF) will no longer bill usage on calls forwarded within the basic local calling area, however calls forwarded to a number within the Extended Calling Service (ECS) area will be billed usage.
- No operator involvement for customers calling in
- Does not utilize telephone instrument
- Employees use rather than placing collect or credit card calls
- When combined with WatsSaverSM, gain benefits of reduced long distance rates on calls within LATA
Remote Call Forwarding (RCF)-800 Service permits users to forward calls to an Interstate or Intrastate 800 service. The RCF service must be in the same service area as the 800 service. It is the customer's responsibility to verify the RCF service is included in the 800 service area. The 800 service will be billed the appropriate 800 usage rates for each call answered at the distant 800 service location. This service is not offered cross boundary with Canada.
Remote Call Forwarding (RCF)-700 Service permits users to forward calls to an Interstate or Intrastate 700 service. The RCF service must be in the same service area as the 700 service. It is the customer's responsibility to verify the RCF service is included in the 700 service area. The 700 service will be billed the appropriate 700 usage rates for each call answered at the distant 700 service location. This service is not offered cross boundary with Canada.
This service can be provided at the customer's request, but should never be promoted.
Foreign Exchange Overflow
Remote Call Forwarding (RCF) service can be used as an enhancement for Foreign Exchange (FX) service without adding additional FX lines. A connection similar to hunting permits calls to a busy FX line to overflow to an RCF number. Calls are automatically forwarded to the customer's location. The FX number and the RCF number must be in the same central office. This service is not offered cross boundary with Canada.
The representative that handles FX service will negotiate this service.
The restrictions for Remote Call Forwarding (RCF) are:
- Minimum contract period one month
- Transmission may vary depending on distance and routing of call
- Collect or Person calls will be billed at collect or person rates to the RCF number
- Not suitable for DATA transmission
- Line is not released when a call is forwarded
- Must be provided from an Electronic Switching System (ESS) central office (1A ESS, 5 ESS, DMS-100, DCO) and is subject to the availability of facilities
- Custom Calling features not available with RCF
- Call Forwarding should not be offered on the RCF terminating line (CFN)
- RCF will forward to a ringmaster number and provide distinctive ringing. The ringmaster number must be different than the RCF number
- Provided based on the distant locations ability to receive calls.
- The distant number cannot be a coin telephone.
- Remote Call Forwarding to another RCF number is not permitted.
- The Company is not able to provide identification of the calling telephone number to the RCF customer.
- Service can not be suspended (vacation service). N & D order required
- When calls are forwarded to 700 or 800 Service, the RCF customer must provide a 700 or 800 number that serves the same area.
- End User Common Line (EUCL) charges are not applicable.
- Calls to RCF number that are used primarily for business purposes will be forwarded only to a business service number.
- RCF used for FX overflow, the RCF number must be in the same Central Office as the FX telephone number.
- Customer is responsible for subscribing to sufficient RCF features at originating and terminating ends, to insure busy condition not encountered. If, in BellSouth's opinion, additional RCF features are needed, the customer will be required to subscribe to such additional features or risk having the service disconnected.